Name:
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Currently a student at York U with an English major and a History minor. I live with the books =)

Monday, December 20, 2004

Happy Holidays!

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season! Regardless of whether you celebrate, appreciate or even know the tradition of Christmas, enjoy this time of year to spend with family, friends or just far away from the shopping mall!

In light of all the festive cheer, I have decided to do a quick post! This post was inspired by a gift that my sister gave to me. She teaches grade 4 and ordered from the Scholastic book order an illustrated poetry book for me. The theme of the poems is winter and the illustrations are just fantastic! I realize that I can't share the images with you over the internet but I can certainly share a poem with you.

Here goes:

Moon
Japanese, Anonymous

The moon hangs up at night;
Her beams are cold and bright;
Seeing her shadow low
The water's frozen now.

The poem is simple (a hiku) and personifies the moon into being a woman eloquantly. I found this poem to be soothing to the soul at a time when most of us are running around in a crazy state either due to the holiday season or for other personal reasons. Hope it does the same for you.

Cheers,
sv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home