Name:
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Currently a student at York U with an English major and a History minor. I live with the books =)

Friday, April 01, 2005

Wish

I wished for the perfect fairytale romance
Like the ones I read about naively as a girl
There would be a knight on a stead rushing to ravish and romance me the damsel
Yet unlike the conventional heroine, for I'm not distressed over the traditional shit -
No! I'm distressed because now I have two rescuers
Each alike in determination, demeanor and devotion
Able to make my beauty quiver with words and touch.

I wished for the two knights to meld together
As lovers do when locked in the throws of passion
It would make my choice easier because half of the equation would be eliminated
For how can I decide between autumn and fall, which is my favourite season?
Each potential has positive and negative aspects
But neither tipping my not so blind scales of justice
Forcing me to sample the decadence of each knight's banquet.

I wish that honesty wasn't such an important virtue
Like the cornerstone upon which a home is built
For I would prefer to leave the knights oblivious to the prescience of each other
This notion fuelled by my selfish want to enjoy the exquisite spark of desire
Lording my innocent charms over the hopelessly blind
Dangling my sex as a prize before salivating fighting tigers -
A prize that one will never consume solely on his own.

I wished for you to convince me of your valor
As if you were in a jousting tournament
Striving to impress and win the heart of an innocent princess in the crowd
But how could you compete honestly for me when you thought my heart was already yours?
So I vainly attempt to battle the voice within me -
Which instinctively compares you against the other
Ultimately I am forced to make a choice.

I wish that parting wasn't such sweet sorrow
Like it is for you the second knight to come to my tower
You rushed to my rescue a fraction of a moment too later to enter the games
For the field had been narrowed, the champion declared and his prize awarded
Not necessarily to the better man but the earlier
So I sit forlornly on his stead as he leads us away
Yet I can't help glancing back at you morosely.

I wish to know I made the right choice
As I release my weight in liquid diamonds
I brood over this choice continually against the void left within me by your absence
Inability to overcome my addiction to you leaves me shaking and seized by withdrawal
For I gave away a potentially perfect match
Abandoned and alone like a stone fortress on a hill
You will remain unbeknown to me forever.

1 Comments:

Blogger sue_sue said...

Thanks for all of the positve input guys! Its truly appreciated since I don't normally like showing off my poetry...mostly because I don't usually think that it is good enough. Apparently either I'm too hard on myself (ie. I'm wrong!) or you guys are just nuts!

The poem is brutally honest and it totally about a real life situation. Thats how I write, an idea or a situation arises and consumes me and then poetry ensues. The point was to use lots of imagery so that people (ie. the second dude) would understand what I was feeling and how my thought process was working.

Mike, thanks for liking my liquid diamond idea...thats one that I've probably beaten to death in my own poems since I love the image too!

Mersiha, saldy there is no knight #3...or should I say thankfully because that would have just made the situation that much more complicated. And I did end up with the first guy...though I'm not 100% convinced that I made the right choice. Meh, only time can tell what will happen.

sv

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home